When emailing a mail-enabled public folder on Exchange the email can bounce and a NDR (Non Delivery Report) is issued with the following text:
The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. <exchangeserver.domain #5.2.1>
A possible cause is permissions: Anonymous requires 'Author rights' on the public folder; without this external users will not be able to 'create' the email in the public folder. If an attachment is over the specificed limit this NDR could also be generated.
To check the permissions:
- Open [http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa995785(EXCHG.65).aspx Exchange System Manager]: Go to Start > Programs > Microsoft Exchange > System Manager.
- Expand Folders, Public Folders and right click the public folder that has the issue and click Properties.
- Click on the Permissions tab and then Client permissions.
- Ensure that 'Anonymous' is listed and has 'Author' permissions or add it if it is not present.
If this does ont fix the issue try one of the links below.
- Non-Delivery Report (NDR) / Bounce Codes (Email)
- MS KB 870585
- NDR Codes
- [http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb397219(EXCHG.80).aspx Non-Delivery Report Issues]