When attempting to run one of the Very Large DataBase utilities for Computer Associates Brightstor ARCServe the following error appears:
Failed to log into server 'casdb', username 'USERID': error -2005
- Incorrect login credentials provided
- Database engine service not running
- Temporary checkpoint files causing issues
- Check syntax
These resolutions correspond to the numbers above. Try them one at a time, retrying the vldb-utility command after each one.
1. Check that the login credentials are correct. For every installation of Arcserve the credentials are always the same even if you are using a SQL server as your database:
Database name: "casdb"
- For correct operation of the VLDB utilities every service should not be running apart from the Database engine. To do this run services.msc , find the services beginning with CA Brightstor and stop all of them apart from "CA Database Engline."
3. Remove temporary files
:#Ensure the database engine is not running. Check that rds.exe is not running - if it is kill it. If you are unable to kill it due to an "access denied" message in task manager set the service to disabled and reboot.
:# Delete *.tmp in
:# Delete r*.* in
4. Sometimes an incorrect syntax can produce an error like the one documented here or familier to it. When specifying the database name do not supply the whole filename - Arcserve only requires the common name of the database itself and not the exact filenames. For instance:
dbfix -a -L casdb;admin;secret astpsdat
This will perform all the checks on the astpsdat database. Arcserve will check the astpsdat.001; astpsdat.002 ... files in turn. Supplying "astpsdat.001" as a parameter will not work.
If performing a dbfix on all the databases does nothing the only option is to Reinitialise the database.